Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Cultivation of a Native Neophyte

What's the best way to entice a novice to learn about native plants? This is what I asked myself as I embarked on the task of creating this "Why Natives" presentation.

Being somewhat of a novice myself, I knew many of the questions I would like to have answered.

After consulting native plant expert, Anne Megaro, Land Program Director of Groundwork Yonkers, I approached this project full force. The more I researched, the more I wanted to learn about native plants; I'm sure you will too.

After viewing the production, you will want come to The Native Plant Center on Saturday, April 25 and purchase native plants to infuse into your landscape. You will not only enjoy the native blooms, but also the wildlife they attract all year long.

View previous blog entries to learn even more about native plants, as well as other like-minded organizations. Be sure to click on all of the links to see their activities and views on the environment. Be sure not to miss hard-to-find footage of Lady Bird Johnson within the links.

1 comment:

  1. Hi - You did a great job on this blog. Thanks for sharing the information about our own local beauty.

    ReplyDelete