Saturday, April 18, 2009

First the Fence - Then the Tent - Now the Signs. What's Next? The Plants of Course!



I realize you probably have no idea what this picture is. So, to clarify, all those white signs you see in the distance are where the plants for next week's Plant Sale will be placed, all 6,800 of them.



Beth and her volunteers were very busy yesterday setting-up the Sale area. They hung signs, pounded stakes, and prepared odds & ends.


I picked up the street signs late yesterday and as traffic passes the college this weekend they'll learn about the Sale on April 25 at Westchester Community College.


This morning this is what I found blooming in my garden. Two of the plants I bought last year. This is why you should refrain from buying any plants this weekend. Now I know it's a beautiful day out there, and we're all tempted to "stop and smell the roses." That's what you should do, stop and look (only). Because what you'll find at The Native Plant Center's Sale next weekend will far surpass what's out there today.
April 18, 2009















Celandine Poppy from 2008

The same Celandine Poppy in 2009
You may not hear from me for a few days since we begin unloading on Monday and Tuesday, so mark that calendar 11 a.m. on Saturday, April 25.












No comments:

Post a Comment